VIDA is a graphical interface designed to visualize, manage and manipulate large sets of molecular information. It is capable of handling 100,000s of molecules simultaneously. It supports all standard visualization paradigms, including 2D depiction, both hardware and software stereo, surface selection and manipulation, and many other unique facilities.
VIDA is based on OpenEye’s OEChem toolkit and as such handles chemistry properly as well as reading and writing a wide range of formats. The primary features include:
- A simple and intuitive interface
- Robust and powerful list manager
- Chemically-oriented, fully functional spreadsheet
- Automatic browsing facilities (slide show)
- List operations
- Substructure searching
- Integrated Python interpreter
- Interactive surface selection/sub-setting, real-time contours
- Concurrent interaction between data in spreadsheet and 2D/3D displays
- Multi-level undo
- Easily save and restore a session
- Single-click visualization of docking, shape overlay, and electrostatic overlay results
- Supported on Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, and IRIX systems
Like all OpenEye software, VIDA is available free of charge for non-commercial use.