WebMO Installation Instructions for OS X
There are several preliminary steps that must be taken to properly configure you Mac OS X system before installing WebMO.
- Add a dedicated WebMO user to the systemOpen up the ‘Users’ control panel under ‘System Preferences’. Click the ‘New User’ button, and enter ‘WebMO’ under the name field, and ‘webmo’ under the short name. Choose a password under the password tab, and click OK.
- Active the Apache web serverOpen the ‘Sharing’ control panel. Under the Web Sharing section, click the ‘Start’ button.
- Open up a terminal sessionThe Terminal program is located in the Applications/Utilties folder. You may wish to add this program to your Dock.
- Configure Apache% cd /etc/httpd/users
% sudo vi webmo.conf (enter administrative password)
Add the following line to the end of the file,
ScriptAlias /~webmo/cgi-bin/ « /Users/webmo/Sites/cgi-bin/ »
- Install WebMOLogout and then login as the newly created WebMO user. Open up a terminal session, and install WebMO according the WebMO installation instructions. During installation, use the following parameters.
- HTML Directory: /Users/webmo/Sites
- HTML URL: /~webmo/
- CGI Directory: /Users/webmo/Sites/cgi-bin
- CGI URL: /~webmo/cgi-bin
- User Directory: /Users/webmo/user