- The Mesh Viewer is an easy to use lightweight application to display triangular meshes from a variety of file formats (see 3D formats). It uses the OpenGL API to render the models.
- The Divipro (Distributed Interactive VIrtual PROtotyping) project is a European Commission funded initiative involving partners from the UK, Spain, Germany and France. The consortium partners aim to build and evaluate a prototype system for distributed computer aided design (CAD) for mechanical engineering applications.
- The Chips project is a project to put together a usable CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing) system for the Linux platform.
- K-3D is a free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation system for GNU/Linux and Win32.
- TriAero is the Triangulated Aerodynamics Suite; a collection of Open Source Free Software programs intended to perform simplified aerodynamics calculations over unstructured 3D bodies.