MS Windows executable
Mesh Viewer is an easy to use lightweight application for displaying three dimensional models (triangular meshes) from a variety of file formats. It uses OpenGL to render the models.
Mesh Viewer supports the following 3D file formats:
- PMesh forma (used at the Vision group of the University of Edinburgh)
- GTS format (from the Gnu Triangulation Library)
- Geomview format (only format « OFF » or « COFF »)
- PLY format (only ASCII format)
- VRML 1.0 format
- VRML 2.0 format (VRML97)
- Visualisation Toolkit VTK format (ASCII POLYDATA only)
- Alias Wavefront / Java 3D OBJ format (ASCII polygon data only).
A short description of the features and capabilities of some of the supported 3D formats can be found here.